Wednesday, July 18, 2007

HP and the OOTP

Nixter asked how Harry Potter was at IMAX...

It was fantastic!

It was the first time I had been to IMAX so I didn't really comprehend how HUGE the screen is! It's ginormous! I think it added an extra element to have everything so BIG. Having said that, I am looking forward to getting the DVD so I can digest everything at a much smaller scale.

The 3D part of the film was good fun. 3D films always look half "really impressive" and half "a little bit awkward". Some things leap off the screen at you, other things just look a little fake. It was a good call just to do the last 20mins I think.

I thought the characters of Umbridge and Luna Lovegood were very well done. Especially Luna.

Can't wait til this Saturday!

What did you think of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Mattt said...

Umbridge's mannerisms were spot on but I expected her to be more ugly (not that she's really a looker) but the description in the book is 'toad like'. Luna was great - great casting and great acting. Impressive for a 15 year old!

Loved it!!!

7/19/2007 9:26 AM  
Blogger shell said...

I also loved Luna. Took me a bit to get used to her voice, but once I did, I thought she was perfect.

I really think they missed out some pretty important dialogue, but still, great movie. I want to go see it again, just to make sure I didn't miss anything (which I probably did as I was worrying a lot about my little ones- Ezekiel was being babysat for the first time ever).

Two sleeps!

I'm even more excited about The Deathly Hallows. Somehow though, I think I may feel a little sad once I turn that last page and realise it's all over.

I suppose many people will feel a lot sadder than me though. I only started reading them last year. I steadfastly refused to until then, and then I got hooked...

7/19/2007 3:02 PM  
Blogger Guthers said...

resistance is futile michelle!

have you ever met anyone who has read the books and then decided they didn't like them? I may be biased, but it seems the only people who don't like HP have never given it a chance

7/19/2007 6:26 PM  
Blogger shell said...

Good point Guthers. I flat out refused to read them for sooo long, I guess I was turned off by the hype. I borrowed a heap of books from my mum last year, and The Philosopher's Stone was one of them. I read it and next time I went over to her place I borrowed the next four, and bought #6. I feel like a bit of a goose for holding out for so long, but I'm in good company. Drew thought I'd gone mad, until I started reading them to him. Then all I heard was "one more chapter...another chapter...one more"

7/19/2007 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home