Wednesday, July 04, 2007

ahh... the memories!


A significant milestone like 1000 hits brings out the nostalgia in a blogger.

What an ideal opportunity to reminisce about my time in the blogoverse and carry out some 'analysis' on my blog posts to date.

This is my 43rd post. Of these, the most frequent subject is holidays (mainly due to photos) followed closely by Coffee-related and Christian-related posts. Poo makes up an astonishing 5% of all my post topics. Some would argue that closer to 100% of my posts are poo.

I have had a total of 182 comments - 60 of these are my own. That's 32.97%.

I have averaged 4.33 comments per post from an average of 3.36 commenters. 2.31 of these comments per post were made by me.

In terms of popular topics to comment on, 'Coffee' received 70 comments, 7.78 per post on average, from 4.22 different commenters on average. The single 'Beer' post got a good run, with 9 comments from 4 different commenters. 'James Bond' did OK too for his only appearance - 11 comments, 5 commenters.

My posts peak in June and October - 9 and 10 respectively.

The most popular day for posting is Thursday with 18, double the next highest, Wednesday, on 9. Sunday is the quietest with only 1.

Does all this tell me anything? Maybe not. But it was fun!

What do you think I should do with this information?
What other analysis would you like to see done?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger SamR said...

I reckon experiment more with Christian posts - I reckon theres lots of comments to be had there. But keep up the coffee posts. 1 of your 4.22 (or am I the .22?!?) likes reading them.

P.S you are such a nerd. A trendy and cool one no douby, but such a nerd.

7/04/2007 9:17 PM  
Blogger Nixter said...

Too funny Guthers, loved the analysis. nice work!

ps you are a nerd ;)

7/05/2007 11:38 AM  
Blogger Libby said...

You're not a nerd, you're an actuary!! :)
Cohen will surely one day be impressed that his arrival scored as many comments as James Bond!

7/05/2007 11:47 AM  
Blogger Mattt said...

Sell your nerd work to some marketing company and make millions... no... biliions!!! Love the coffee posts - I'll keep up my percentage.

7/05/2007 7:30 PM  
Blogger Andy M said...

Good stuff Guthers!
I just celebrated my 1,000 too.

7/06/2007 9:30 AM  
Blogger Adriana said...

I think this is only my second post ever - not that I don't think you're interesting darling. But I can't say I've added much to the 1,000. Looking forward to reading more about your passions. There's definately a good mix.

7/06/2007 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home