Friday, July 06, 2007

Larkham and Gregan

I'm a rugby fan. Australian rugby hasn't been at its best of late but I can still remember the glory days of the 1999 world cup.

So it is a little bit sad to bid farewell to two of the greats of the Wallabies as they play their last game on Australian soil this weekend: Stephen Larkham and George Gregan.

(It's not quite goodbye yet as there is still a little thing called the World Cup to be played in France later this year.)

But another chance to get all reminiscent, as per my past post.

Both these players had career defining moments. Larkham had THAT drop goal and Gregan had THAT tackle. Both moments give me a little shiver when I watch them. Both moments stand out, even in remarkable rugby careers.

Do you have a "career-defining moment"? If so, what is it? And if not, what would you like it to be?!?

4 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I reckon my career defining moment as a physio was when a little girl I had been working with for 2 yrs took her first steps - both the mum and I had tears of joy in our eyes!

7/07/2007 1:18 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

Hey Guthers, I've tagged you. See ny blog :) Hope it's ok.

7/09/2007 1:50 PM  
Blogger Mattt said...

How good is the world cup gonna be!?! I considering taking holidays for the finals :)!

7/16/2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger Guthers said...

can't wait - how do you think we will go?

7/18/2007 10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home