Wednesday, September 05, 2007

5 posts in 5 days - I've gone crazy with APEC!

(I know! I'm amazed too!)

It seems the whole town has gone ape for APEC. There is so much going on.

Yesterday, Adri and I saw the Riot Squad with their brand new water canon go zooming past on George St.

This morning, Sussex St was totally devoid of traffic when I arrived at work. Police had cleared the street and disabled the traffic lights. About 30mins later, two ambulances (one looked like it could have been Georges) went flying past with sirens blazing. The street was then reopened for business as usual.

At least half a dozen times today I've jumped up and run to the nearest window, motivated by sirens, helicopter noises or the sound of a jet.

It's all kind of exciting! Hopefully we can catch a glimpse of George W. as he passes by on the way to the convention centre tomorrow.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Miers said...

u are one crazy man!

9/05/2007 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home