Saturday, September 09, 2006

Love

We have been looking at Colossians at our youth group SALT
lately. Recently we studied Col 3:14 "And above all these [virtues] put on love which binds everything together in perfect harmony" ESV. (Check out the rest of this passage at www.BibleGateway.com)


Then I came across this poem in David Jackman's 1 John commentary (we are studying 1 John in our annual youth camp AWESOME) and I liked the way it showed how the love of Christ is all encompassing. This is based on the fruits of the Spirit in Galations 5:22-23.

Joy is love exulting and peace is love at rest;
Patience love enduring in every trial and test.
Gentleness, Love yielding to all that is not sin.
Goodness, love in actions that flow from Christ within.
Faith is love's eyes opened the living Christ to see;
Meekness, love not fighting, but bowed at Calvary.
Temperance, love in harness and under Christ's control,
For Christ is love, in person - and love, Christ in the soul.

That was written by Dr Kenneth Moynagh - missionary doctor in Rwanda.

I am working at "putting on love".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm Helen, I'm 15, my email's helen_rebecca06@yahoo.co.uk...
I love that little poem on the Fruits of the Spirit....it's our All Soul's Service tonight at church, and that's on the service sheet. We're also performing "Gracious Spirit, Holy Ghost"> I used the words from the hymn to compose an anthem, and i'm really excited! We performed it before, at the Confirmation Service, but it's still exciting!
Hope everything's fabulous in Africa! When I'm older, I want to go out there to work as a missionary doctor....:)
Ciao for now,

11/06/2006 2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home